Blogging can simply mean taking your unique thoughts, your unique writing style, and mashing those two things together in the form of written expression done over blog posts.
Blogging is one of the oldest forms of Social Media. It is a combination of WeB + Log = Blog. It is basically an online journal or diary that is related to your brand and industry. The much more interesting truth is blogging is an incredibly fun and mentally charging form of creative expression.
According to Google Search Definition
A regularly updated website or web page, typically one run by an individual or small group, that is written in an informal or conversational style.
Add new material to or regularly update a blog.”it’s about a week since I last blogged”
Is Starting your own Blogging Free?
Lots of people say you can’t. They tell you to buy a domain name and a hosting account and a premium WordPress theme. But I think that’s nonsense.
Blogging is that it is free! Yes you have to commit a bit of time to it but essentially it is a fantastic and free method of marketing your business, products and services.
Starting a blog from scratch is just as difficult as starting any business. It requires the same time and effort as starting your own restaurant or accounting service. Although, those businesses are wildly different, but the first few years are usually the same story: low income, lots of stress, big learning curve.
The benefits of Blogging will come to later on in this article. Quite simple a regular Blog will help improve your brand awareness, search ranking and web traffic amongst many other things.
So how do you choose a blogging platform?
Think about what sort of content you want to publish and what you want your blog to look like. Do you have lots of high quality images to share? How tech-savvy are you? Do you want full control over the design of your blog, or would you rather just customise a premade template?
The rise of free blogging platforms in recent years suggests the saying that everyone has a book in them. The nine best blogging platforms on the market are:
- WordPress.org – great for flexible, custom blogs and tech-savvy bloggers
- Weebly – number one for building a blog quickly and easily
- Wix – perfect for combining a blog with a website
- WordPress.com – powerful built-in blogging tools
- Squarespace – stunning blog designs and images
- Blogger – good choice for a very basic blog
- Tumblr – ideal for sharing short-form, clickable content
- Strikingly – best for simple, stylish, one-page blogs
- SITE123 – great if you need a helping hand building a blog
These are the things to keep in mind.
Getting interested in Blogging is worth it.
The Top 11 Benefits Of Blogging On Your Website
Are there any benefits of blogging? Sure there are. I’m often asked whether blogging is really a necessary part of running a business. This question is most often asked by small business owners who simply don’t have the time or skills to regularly create high-quality content. And even if they did? They wouldn’t have a clue what to write about.
Today we want to expand on the benefits of blogging to business owners. We’ve got some tips for you to help you see more benefits from your blogging efforts.
Now, without further ado, the top benefits of blogging on your website.
- Give your company a voice— One thing I often note from bloggers is that they give the facts, straightforward. . The point of a blog is to gain a unique take on something. One way to do that is to tell a story. This is one of my favorite ways to infuse personality. Your blog posts give you a unique opportunity to share your voice and personality. It builds up trust and increasing your brand’s likeability quotient
- Humanize your company— Blogging is a great way for businesses to share knowledge with their customers about the industry or other relevant interest areas. That voice needs personality. Great bloggers are genuine.
- Exchange ideas—Blogs obliterate the wall that once stood between a company and its customers. You encourage interaction, comments and feedback. You create a conversation.
- Get customer focused— By blogging, you’ll learn how to speak in your customers’ terms, perpetually improve this vital skill and grow more in touch with your audience’s wants and needs.
- Inspires content and productivity— No matter what you’re passionate about or what subjects you’re writing about, infusing your personality into your writing is paramount. Blogging is hard work. You need processes, commitment, consistency. You’ll need to step up— and you’ll be rewarded for doing so.
- Increase focus— If you want to distinguish yourself as a blogger, one of the best ways is by taking special care of the written content you produce. This develops a unique blogging voice.
- Driving long-term results — When you post a blog today, some of your customers will share it to their social media platforms. Sharing will be more on the first day and that means leads will be more too. As time goes, blog sharing activity declines and the same happens to the number of leads. Through this sharing, your website becomes more visible to search engines. This then means that for months and even years to come, your website will continue to get traffic. And new leads just from that post you made in the past.
- Establish Authority — As a blogger, you probably won’t need to create a detailed, twenty-page guide for the rules of writing on your blog. Your business blog is the hub of your content marketing efforts where you share your expertise. Create a list of adjectives that describe the voice you want to convey If you deliver content that addresses common searches and questions clients may have, people will start seeing you as an authority. Consistently providing readers with helpful information will show them that you know your stuff, and will put you in a positive light.
- Allows you to stay on top of hot topics and trends within your niche. Blogging is your pulpit, your publication, your journal.
- Learn New Things — Before writing any blog post, you will have to do some research about that topic. You will get to know many new things and your overall knowledge about different topics will improve. Blogging helps you stay updated with the latest trends and learn about what’s going on. It will help you get new and updated information regularly.
- Helps you rank for long-tail search queries — Long‐tail keywords are unpopular and highly‐focused search queries that tend to convert exceptionally well.