How to start a web hosting business in Nigeria 2022
Web hosting companies are a vital part of the Internet’s foundation. When it comes to making money online, there are ample opportunities available to you. You simply need to choose one that suits your skills and take it from there. Running your own online business could pay dividends in the long run. And with the restrictions in place as a result of the global coronavirus pandemic, web hosting companies currently have plenty of opportunities to generate sales.
Starting a web hosting business has become a Frequently Asked Question.
Basically, web hosting is a business that provides technologies and services needed for a website to be viewed in the Internet. In other words, you can say web hosting service is a type of internet hosting service that allows individuals to make their website accessible via World Wide Web (WWW). After completion of your domain name registration, the second and the most important step is to find the right web hosting company to host a website.
- Choose the most appropriate business structure
- Register your business name
- Secure an SEO-friendly domain name
- Consider sources of funding
- Register for taxes
- We Can Help Ensure the Success of Your Online Business
There’s no reason why you can’t take your slice from this lucrative industry, but getting set up is rather challenging.
Don’t worry though, we’re here to help!
In today’s post I will add to these techniques a method that I have been using for the past five years, which will help you to start a serious online business, your own domain and web hosting business.
Five Steps to Start a Web Host
Web hosting companies provide an essential service to powering the internet by using the dedicated servers that host website content.
- Step 1: Define Your Web Hosting Brand: To help ease your transition into the world of Web hosting business, you have to define your brand. If you are interested in running a web host, chances are you already have a reason why your web hosting services would be better for users than others. Figure out precisely what your market and branding is, and don’t try to sell to everyone. Choosing an appropriate domain name is vital to the success of your online efforts. Select a misleading name, and your customers may struggle to find you, and you may have to change your business name to rectify the problem.
- Step 2: Find a Dedicated Server Partner. Opting for a dedicated server means that you get an entire server to yourself. There’s no sharing of CPU time, RAM or bandwidth, which means your website stays responsive at all times. Bluehost is a great partner that you can trust.
- Step 3: Setup Your Website, Billing System, and Support Channels. Apart from the obvious function of getting active support channels, billing also plays a pivotal role in customer relationships. It ensures that the customers get to know what they pay for, when, and why. Your hosting plan and pricing strategy is key to success.
- Step 4: Find Web Hosting Clients. Before starting client outreach, it’s important to build an online presence that demonstrates your skills, shows off your best work, and engenders trust. It’s important to polish your LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook profiles.
- Step 5: Grow and Expand. The core of any web hosting business lies in its products and services. What you need to aim for is to go beyond the basics. Building a solid relationship with your customer base is vital to success. One of the best ways to attract attention and grow is by targeting spaces beyond your confines, such as forums or other exchange platforms.
What is the average web hosting charge in Nigeria?
Every website needs to be hosted on some type of server in order to become publicly accessible on the internet to users and customers. This is usually accomplished via renting out storage space and computational power from a third party company.
Average Website Hosting Costs in Nigeria for the main 4 different types of hosting.
So, when you are wondering how much does web hosting service cost in Nigeria, the answer is actually a lot. The first and foremost thing that you should know about hosting is that the cost of web hosting is actually based on the kind of hosting plan you have chosen. You can get basic services or you can also buy the advanced features. If you want to get more advanced features, you need to have some additional money.
However, if you want to get basic services, then you would be paying about $25 for one year for unlimited usage. This is the cheapest and the basic plan for those who are looking to get a web hosting provider in Nigeria.
- Shared Web Hosting
- Cloud Server Web Hosting
- Virtual Private Server (VPS) website hosting
- Dedicated website hosting
The cost of hosting varies, depending on the service provider and other factors such as server power and networking performance.
Starting and growing a web hosting business can be challenging, though this is true for virtually every industry. Look past the basics and examine details in various areas to get a more profound sense and understanding of the business.