Web Hosting Business
The Advantages and Disadvantages of Dedicated Hosting.
Web Hosting has many measures these days, so you may be wondering if it is even worth it to have a dedicated web hosting for your business. Hosting services are available in a wide range of prices. This ranges from a few dollars a month to thousands of dollars. But many industries still have a need for niche web hosts tailored directly for them.
In a digital age marked by an always-on and always connected populace, your website often serves as the primary storefront for your business. Whether it is a site dedicated for blogging, eCommerce, eLearning, gaming or just a single webpage with contact information, your website is where you make that all-important first impression.
If you’re a company website owner the most disconcerting factor of choosing a suitable web hosting solution is the cost. There are many potential risks eliminated with the right hosting.
Dedicated Server Hosting
Perhaps the most important factor when choosing a web hosting solution is knowing exactly what your business needs. Figure out precisely what your market and branding is. If you want to delegate the management of your site completely, then you want to consider this.
Dedicated hosting is basically a term applied to describe web hosting packages which offer a dedicated server with dedicated resources to the single user. It is ‘dedicated‘ server as it is a single server dedicated to a single customer or task. Dedicated web hosting plans are best for WordPress websites with a significantly large number of visitors.
Our Recommended Dedicated Server Hosting Provider:
They own and operate dedicated servers in its data center in Secaucus, New Jersey. Interserver devotes the 100% of Dedicated server’s facility to a single website if you are ready for the Dedicated Web Hosting.
If you put a high premium on control, then InterServer dedicated servers will definitely be able to satisfy you.
All dedicated plans come standard with:
+ 100 MB or 1 GB port
+ A 10,000TB Transfer
+ 4 Hour Server Provisioning
+ 24/7 uptime monitoring
+ Managed support for operating system-related issues and issues arising from programs installed via a control panel purchased from InterServer
+ Data migration assistance
+ 5 IP Adresses
+ No Setup Fees
+ DDOS protection
InterServer offers a truly superior server for a bigger website or gaming server if you need. Completely customize your server’s hardware with the vast array of resources that they provide. You will get tons of storage options and guaranteed uptime. Their customer support is always available and located in the US, so you can always talk to someone about any issues and get them fixed typically within a couple of hours.
Bluehost provides a few features included with the price to make it a better option if you do not know how to set up a server or want to get through setup as quickly as possible. Bluehost also throws in some website monitoring tools with intuitive control panel and easy-to-use applications so that you can set up what you need in very little time.Your data is always intact even when your hard disks fail.
+ Two Hard Disks. To take care of your data all Servers come with two hard disks by default with RAID
+ Storage on Cloud
+ Immediate Server Provisioning
+ High quality storage with RAID level 1 support
+ 24/7 uptime monitoring
+ OpenStack Open source technology
+ Complete access to CentOS, giving you full control of your server.
Bluehost is known for Performance, power, and flexibility. Its just a mouse click away. If you want to spend the big dollars on a dedicated server that will last forever, you can purchase one of the masterful units from Bluehost.
12 advantages of dedicated server hosting
If you are interested in running a web host or having a fully scalable resource – pay only for what you use, chances are you already have a reason why your web hosting services would be better for users than others. A dedicated server offers a long list of benefits ranging from security, control, customization, reliability, and 24/7 support that make it a leading option for many.
- If you expect you’ll have a high volume of traffic, for example, a dedicated server may be your best option for handling it.
- Dedicated Server hosting makes even your most processor-intensive workloads fly because all the processing power is yours and yours alone.
- A Dedicated hosting provider guarantees maximum up-time for your website. With the power of the entire server dedicated to one website means there is no limit as to how large the website can grow.
- With dedicated hosting, you have a dedicated server, which means your own unique IP address. This is especially important if you are a large company running an e-commerce site that requires SSL for credit card processing.
- Protection from increasingly common DDoS attacks, anti spamming solutions to fight off spammers. Also, minimal information leakage and maximum security.
- You won’t need to worry about other server users impacting your site’s performance because your website has the total resources and capabilities of the server.
- Speedy options for SSD, Enterprise, and SATA drives
- Most dedicated hosting providers gives you option of choosing an operating system option. Examples include CentOS, CloudLinux, and the Windows Server 2016/2012 OS
- Private Networking: Providers solution have the option of hybrid setup that is both cost effective and secure. You can connect dedicated servers to your private cloud through private networking feature. With an easy implementation, you increase your connectivity internally without being connected to external networks or even the Internet.
- cPanel / WHM being the popular website hosting control panel, it easily integrates with CloudLinux to isolate customers.
- Dedicated Servers Offer Greater Access Control: The user is given Administrative or “Root Access” to the server. This level of access gives you greater control over the hardware and software on the device and would not be possible if resources or data on the server were being shared by different users. You will be able to configure the server, and the resources it uses as you see fit. You’ll also have access to automated backend services and activities to carry out server reboots, OS reloads, IP management, null routing, private network, data traffic and bandwidth measurements.
- 24/7 on-premise support
Disadvantages of Dedicated Server Hosting
The pricing is always influenced by how much resources needed, for instance, bandwidth, storage space, and the number of RAM.
- Dedicated hosting in not suitable for websites that do not expect a heavy traffic volume, websites that do not require heavy and complex computing solutions, and companies that do not have the financial capacity for the high cost of dedicated host.
- The biggest drawback of dedicated hosting is the increased cost. The customer pays hefty monthly fees. You’re paying not just for the physical hosting, but also for the hardware on which the site resides.
- You do not have physical access to the server.
- When compared to shared hosting solution it is not the best for running a new website.
- Technical knowledge is required for installing software, daily maintenance, daily tasks, and other necessary duties that are in your control. If you’re lacking skill in this department, you can quickly run into trouble.
- The server is the property of the service provider, which means all you own is the data you put on the server.
- You cannot simply pick up your server and walk away if you’re unhappy with the service.
- The customers who use a dedicated server have needs that are more specific and generally are more knowledgeable about site building. It is left up to them to install the software and services that they need.
Would I recommend InterServer or BlueHost to my friends? In fact I recommend both to all my friends and customers who are building their website. My recommendation is to purchase a plan based on your budget. So if you are building a high traffic WordPress blog/website or setting up a website for your company using WordPress, you can be sure that with InterServer or Bluehost you will not fail.